Pocket Juice 2200mAh Portible Battery Charger
The product has a very simple assemply consisting of:
- Injection moulded casing and power button
- Transparent plastic LED difuser
- Foam sepperator
- Small Philips cross head screws
- 3.7V 8.14Wh lithium cell
- Printed circuit board
- Insulated wire
The circuitboard contains several components including:
- 1x blue LED
- 4x surface-mount blue LED
- 1x 2R2 3.7 to 5v transformer
- 1x short USB felmale connector
- 1x micro USB connector
- 1x surface mount push button
- 6x surface mount capacitors
- 5x surface mount resistors
- 1x Honeywell / Microswitch 1PB315
- 1x One Cell Lithium-ion/Polymer Battery Protection IC DW01A
- 1x Dual-Channel Power Distribution Switch B2025
The form of this products implies that the product contains 2 lithium cells but only contains one. This could have been a technique to make the product appear as if it was of a higher capacity. However the extra space is still used to hold a small circuitboard.
The product has a matte coating on the ABS casing. I was not able to workout how this finish was achieved but it was likely done to cheaply give the product the appearance of higher quality.
- The product contains no external screws or mounts and tools will be required for disassembly: 1x Prying Tool and 1x Small Phillips Cross Screwdriver
- The main body of the product is held together with moulded clips and can be separated with the prying tool.
- The circuit board is held to the casing with 2 small Philips cross head screws.
- The circuit board can be pried from the casing with the prying tool.
- A small piece of adhesive tape holds the battery in place which can be removed with the prying tool.
- A small piece of padding which sat between the circuit board and casing is attached with mild adhesive.
- The battery power light and power button is plastic welded to the casing and can be separated with the prying tool.