In this project, I used PIR (A passive infrared sensor) motion sensor to calculate your shower time. This is connected to an Arduino Wifi board that is inside of a clear acrylic case. The duration of your shower will be measured based on your motion and the shower record will be stored Adafruit.io and notify you through your email/SMS/twitter account through the IFTTT.com. I have chosen to use SMS as my report method, but I can utilize many other options like. Instead of an Arduino Uno, I only used Arduino Wifi board called, adafruit HUZZAH ESP8266, to fit and run every component in this motion glass.
For this project, I had to set up the sequence to activate the timer and send the information to myself to remind me that I should save water by taking a shorter shower!
Here is link to my video: https://vimeo.com/195457060
Here is link to my instructable: http://www.instructables.com/id/Motion-Glass/
There’s an old saying in Buddism that even brushing past a person is one’s karma.
My final project will be on our daily interactions with strangers. Using a near-field communication (NFC) sensor or a radio frequency identification (RFID) sensor, I want to create a device that keeps track of people I passed by unconsciously. Though the premise of this idea is that everyone has this device, I find this interaction very interesting.
- Build a 2″x 2″ device that interacts with another device.
- Make a 6″x 6″ box that lights up (green or red).
- Put the Bluetooth or NFC sensor inside of the device.
- Before you go to bed, you will be able to see the list of people who passed by throughout the day.
Draft parts and tools list
Functions I wish to explore
- The unconscious human interaction
I have been brainstorming for a while, but I am still trying to come up with fun ideas that are applicable to our actual daily lives. Among ideas that I got so far, I liked an idea of touchless book page turner. I will continue a brainstorming process until I get an idea that I am very passionate about.
- Play with the RGBWstrandtest code for your NeoPixels and make a video of your animation.
- From your Arduino kit booklet, complete Potentiometer exercise Circ-08, DC motor exercise Circ-03, and make videos of each.
- Create a blog post with all three of your videos embedded (hosted on instagram, youtube, vimeo, etc., NOT uploaded directly to blog)
- Parts research for innovative switch project and order parts, email Becky for help figuring out which parts could be used for your switch ideas.
- Make a blog post about your innovative switch ideas with sketches
*Don’t forget to post them by Wednesday 8pm and put them in a right category (“Arduino” and “Works in Progress”)
Step-by-step Making Process Of the Sun
These are pictures of the actual Sun.
These are “The Sun”!